Business Building Event
April 27, 2019
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
On the Plaza
- The cap for this event is 40 booth spaces…so register quickly, as space is limited!
- Entrepreneurs are required to pay $10 each. This fee must be paid before your application process is complete. You will receive an emailed invoice that can be paid safely online. If other payment arrangement must be made, contact April Christensen @ (575)680-6766 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No more than three (3) business partners per booth/business idea please (unless otherwise discussed)
- Applicants must be between the ages of 6-17 on or before the APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 6, 2019 at 5:00pm.
- Parents or siblings may sit in your booth, but the children are to be responsible for setup, sales, and interacting with the customer. Violation of this rule will disqualify you from the competition. Parents: please don’t leave small children unattended.
- Each booth consists of a 6-foot table and two chairs. Table covers are not provided. We hope you will be creative and make your business space your own.
- Our event team will take great care to limit the number of businesses in specific categories so as not to have too many similar business concepts. If an applicant’s business idea is similar to entries that were accepted before the applicant’s submission, the business fair team will provide an opportunity to resubmit a new application.
- All applicants wishing to sell food based items must confirm eligibility with the City Inspector Marci Nevarez (575)635-6508. Some food products may require a commercial kitchen and proper permits.
- All applicants will be automatically entered in the business competition, and booths will be judged by a selected panel of local business professionals on a variety of criteria, including most original business idea, highest business potential, and best presentation or booth creativity.
- Cash prizes of various amounts per category and age group (to be split among the business owners) will be awarded at the conclusion of the fair.
- Each participant is responsible for stepping up and cleaning up their own booth. This includes product and trash left behind! Booth setup begins at 8:00 AM!